At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future.
Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
The Life Cycle segment takes care of energy assets in a Life Cycle perspective. From the start to end of production, Life Cycle ensure safe operations. Our objective is to be a leading supplier of low carbon solutions and electrification projects. We focus on optimizing field life solutions, driven by decarbonization and environmentally sound offerings.
Our Electrical, Instrumentation, and Telecommunications Department in Trondheim is now looking for Senior CS? Engineer to help us in our mission to #powerthechange.
What will you be doing?
Do you want to participate in projects with the aim to solve future energy solutions and reduce carbon footprint in existing offshore installations?
Work with colleagues, suppliers across the country and across the world to share from your experience and learn from other colleagues, vendors and clients with both similar - and different professions. Various and challenging tasks in a fast-working environment gain both automation- and multidiscipline technical knowledge and experience in an effective way.
- Implement strategies, specifications, and reports for cyber security and network infrastructures in industrial automation and control systems.
- Ensure design is in accordance with requirements to network infrastructures and cyber security.
- Coordinate and lead necessary meetings and technical workshops with suppliers and customer, to review network architectures and cyber security compliance.
- Make recommendations for design/adaptations/modifications of network infrastructures and interfaces as needed for physical infrastructures as well as for configurations of network equipment.
- Create work processes and workflows when needed and implement these into projects to drive the desired results.
- Review and comment on supplier topology drawings, functional specifications, and test procedures.
- Establish project-specific IO ICT documents at different project phases, such as philosophies and functional requirements in front-end projects, as well as specifications used for inquiry of IO solutions.
- Establish and document monitoring requirements with the client at equipment level.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing, including reviews of configurations of network equipment such as switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Conduct meetings on lessons learned, share experience and train others, and update requirement specifications accordingly
We think you should have:
- Bachelor/Master within electronics, communication systems, cyber technology, or similar. - several years with experience in highly relevant technical topics can compensate for required education.
The following technical abilities will be a significant advantage:
- Automation and instrumented control systems
- OT network (i.e., Operational Technology related to the IEC 62443 framework)
- Use of protocols (i.e., Profinet, Modbus, IEC 61850, and OPC UA)
The following personal qualities, skills and interests will be highly appreciated:
- Developments in technology
- Sharing of competence, coaching and ownership within technical challenges
- Commercial mindset and strong work ethics
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with use of teams and similar digitalized collaboration tools
- Good in English - both written and verbal
More reasons to work with us:
- As an employee in Aker Solutions, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible working conditions throughout the different phases of your life journey
- Competitive pay and benefits with excellent pension and insurance schemes as well as private health services provided by Aker Care
- Access to welfare club with free gym facilities, sports equipment hire and cabins for rent in the mountains and by the sea
- Possibility to work remotely/from home 1-3 days per week, upon agreement.
- The opportunity to be part of our Young Solutioneers, an international employee network that brings together our young talents for professional development, networking and fun. In addition, Aker offer a wide range of welfare activities and training options for all our employees.
Interested? Contact us.
If this appeals to you, please submit your application via our website as we will not process applications received via email. Applications will be evaluated continuously. Please note that applications without a diploma/transcript will not be evaluated.
For more information regarding this position, contact:
Lars Ustad, Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, [email protected]
Mathias Øien Setten, Department manager, Aker Solutions
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
We use Semac background checks in our recruitment process.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.