VARD Information and Communication Technology (ICT) provides a variety of services within ICT operation and support. With focus on efficient and stabile operation, we provide local support on infrastructure and Business Systems combined with continual improvements. The ICT organization consist of 40 employees globally, where 30 are located in Norway. The ICT organization seeks to strengthen the project team with one additional Project Managers to coordinate internal ICT projects and business related IT projects. The position reports to the Head of IT Solutions Strategy and Design Implementation. Title: ICT Project Manager.
If you offer a combination of project experience and have a technical background, you will be given the opportunity to be part of our journey towards improving and digitizing VARD's total value chain. In your new position, you will be reporting directly to the Head of IT Solutions Strategy and Design Implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
Based on defined procedures and methodology for running ICT projects, you will as Project Manager manage and coordinate a range of activities such as clarifying scope, defining timelines, project budgeting, reporting, stakeholder engagement and third parties follow-up. We are looking for a highly motivated person with good ICT understanding who is able to identify and ensure delivery on all critical goals and objectives in relation to various types of projects, such as software upgrades, system improvements and implementation of new solutions.
- Deliver projects according to governance processes defined by the other ICT areas both for in-house development and for initiatives involving third parties, guaranteeing respect of timelines, costs, and quality
- Contribute to ICT project portfolio planning and reporting
- Cooperate with the procurement area in the definition of quotes and contracts; deliver technical specifications and requirements from an ICT application perspective
- Contributing to alignment of project management methodology across VARD entities
- BSc/BA or other higher education in computer science or another relevant field
- Proven skills in planning, delivering and accomplishing ICT projects
- Good understanding of project methodology and process
- Experience with Prince2 or PMP, ITIL, Lean and risk-based planning
- Professional communication skills in both a Scandinavian language and English
Not essential, but desirable:
- MS Project experience
- Use case and user story modelling
- Self-directed and solution-oriented
- Good collaboration skills
- Conscious of own competence and are keen to learn
- Strong analytic and strategic skills
- Thrives in a busy day with a variety of work assignments
We can offer
An interesting opportunity to be part of a highly dynamic and knowledge-driven sector, to develop and
implement digital solutions in an global organization. Ability to utilize internal business and process
knowledge in collaboration with the best ICT vendors, in building great solutions. Competitive conditions in
terms of salaries, pension and insurance schemes and occupational health Services.