Marlink is the World’s Preferred Maritime VSAT Partner*. Through our global, high-quality, smart network infrastructure, we unite diverse bandwidth capacities into a seamless user experience. This network of networks utilises all available satellite capacity and covers Ka, Ku, L and C Band frequencies, as well as terrestrial 4G. Regardless of location or environmental conditions, Customers can count on the reliability of their satcom-based connectivity service when it is delivered by us.
*Marlink is ranked 2020 market leader in maritime VSAT in multiple market reports, by Comsys, Valour Consultancy, NSR and Euroconsult.
As a member of our Maritime Network Operations Team, you will make sure our commercial Customers receive world class support of our managed maritime services – and that our Customers have the best experience possible of our services. This position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with experience and strong skills in Customer interaction. Our ideal candidate will be able to combine multiple inputs in the problem-solving phase and delve deep into the problem to come up with the ideal solution or workaround, while keeping the Customer informed and engaged. The candidate should also provide input for the continuous improvement of processes, products and services.
- Receive, filter and correlate events & alarms from monitoring systems.
- Receive fault reports and requests from Customers via email, phone & portals.
- Provide in-depth technical support based on events from monitoring systems or faults reported by Customers (as part of the incident management process).
- Create and process requests from Customers.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of support and troubleshooting processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate technical excellence & proficiency, ability to work independently, attention to quality & detail and a drive for ensuring Customer satisfaction and results.
- Monitor the Marlink VSAT platforms and networks and when required – take action to ensure quality of Marlink services.
- Work in a 24/7 shift rotation in the Maritime Network Operations Center.
- Provide input for new products and services (Marlink services of tomorrow).
- Some travel (domestic and international) can be expected (dependent on COVID situation).
- Technical education on university level or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Driver’s License.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience from a Customer service role/setting.
- Good knowledge of IP, Networking & Routing.
- Excellent general IT knowledge.
- Experience in satellite communications.
- Experience of mobile 4G/LTE networks & services.
- Good knowledge of ITIL.
What we can offer
- A dynamic high-octane & high-technology position with the world leader in Maritime VSAT.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Corporate cottage (bedriftshytte) for use by employees.
We encourage new graduates to apply.
We encourage women to apply.