We are Subsea 7, a world-leading seabed-to-surface contractor in the oil, gas and renewable industry. We are collaborative, curious and always open to learn. Our people bring new perspectives and smart technology to some of the most challenging and inspiring energy projects around the world.
Diversity makes us smarter. You will be surrounded by a diverse, international community of experts, who bring different skills and ideas that help us challenge the status quo and inspire innovation.
Proactive participation in the Energy Transition is at the heart of Subsea 7’s evolution. Our target is to achieve Net Zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. By joining Subsea 7, you become part of a team of people leading the way - shaping the subsea future.
The IT Service Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring day-to-day provision of IT services to end users in the agreed managed location and/or business functions, ensuring the continuity and performance of services. The role is responsible for site resilience planning and regular engagement with the business to ensure consistent and effective IT service delivery is aligned to project and functional requirements.
- Act as the primary IT interface for all business staff based in managed locations including any associated local IT Partners
- Act as primary IT interface with local Facilities to ensure IT provisioned services (e.g. Meeting rooms, Tech Bars, Server Rooms) are optimised
- Act as primary escalation point for all IT issues in managed locations, e.g. Incidents, Service Outage, SLA breach, Cyber Security
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with business stakeholders in managed locations
- Provide communication to the business about IT services and maintain local IT induction and training material
- Ensure IT service management procedures (e.g. ITIL) are followed and identify opportunities for improvements
- Ensure site recovery plans are implemented with a regular assurance program.
- Attend and contribute on reviews with IT Service Partners, all IT teams and Technology vendors
- Manage local IT projects and ensure delivered in line with Enterprise Architecture standards and the Global IT strategy
- Provide effective cost management of local IT budget(s) and regular service reporting for managed locations
- Manage assets including stock, e.g. software, hardware, telephony, tapes, laptops, mobile phones, video conferencing equipment as part of resilience planning
- Ensure local IT contracts are optimised (e.g. telephony, tape storage, vendor support)
- Coordinate and plan proactively any maintenance or change in local infrastructure or systems, ensuring business and IT services continuity
We can offer:
- A very good working environment and collaboration culture
- Challenging and exciting workdays
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- Sports & Social clubs with social and recreational activities for both you and your family
- Workplace flexibility
Capability profile / Qualifications:
- Preferred IT degree level education, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience of IT industry and 2 years’ delivering or managing IT operations
- Understanding of IT operational risk management, project delivery, cost control including budgeting and service methodologies (e.g. ITIL, ISO)
- Knowledgeable of IT regulatory and legal requirements, including cyber security and local data obligations
- Awareness of IT infrastructures and architectures with knowledge of industry standards and current technology trends
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well to colleagues, senior management, IT Service Partners, with a positive approach to customer care
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated with good management skills
- Evidence of ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills, with cultural awareness
- This position will require regular travel to other Subsea 7 locations in Norway
For queries regarding the position, please contact:
David Morrison-John, North Sea & Seaway 7 IT Services Manager,
tel +44 1224-265113