We are excited to announce a vacancy for a Data Scientist in our Digital team at our Bergen office! Our new Data Scientist will join our growing Digital team, working with data to enable both leading-edge customer-facing and internal data-driven solutions.
As a Data Scientist at Corvus Energy, you will
- Develop and maintain various types of models (ML, mathematical, rule-based, etc.) for battery systems. Areas of applications are early fault detection, battery degradation prediction, advanced battery system sizing, digital twins, and much more.
- Work with terabytes of time-series data gathered from our battery systems onboard vessels across the globe. You will combine various data sources, investigate trends, prepare customer and management level data stories/visualizations, etc.
- Build advanced field data surveillance systems running in the cloud, including setting up jobs in tools like Data Factory and tuning alert levels.
- Enable the whole organization to better utilize field data in their work.
- Work closely with our in-house experts, from service engineers with firsthand field experience to battery chemistry researchers at our in-house labs, while developing new services.
- Be part of a team of other data scientists, analysts, software, and business developers that solve tasks according to agile team principles.
- Collaborate with external experts on various projects, like international research projects, data analytics performance projects with Microsoft, and internal projects that require contracting consultants.
What we look for
We are looking for someone with the skills to solve complex problems, and the curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved. You will use scientific methods, processes, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from both structured and unstructured operational data.
- You have a Master's, Bachelor's, or Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, cybernetics, mechatronics, programming, or another relevant field.
- You have experience with measurement technologies, data acquisition, condition monitoring, big data, and data fusion.
- 2-3 years’ experience within a relevant field.
- Operational experience from the industrial sector is an advantage.
- Experience with Phyton, and some experience with Git (or similar) and Kusto.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Codesys, C/C++, or likewise is a bonus
- Language: English. Norwegian is an advantage.
- You are highly analytical
- Efficient and structured
- Reliable and self-governed
- You have a problem-solving mindset
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Team player and good adaptability skills
Life at Corvus Energy
Corvus Energy is a pioneer and market leader in energy storage solutions for the Maritime and Ocean space industries. Our strong industrial ownership enables us to scale rapidly on a global basis.
Corvus Energy collects and holds unrivaled volumes of operational data from vessels across the globe. We aim to become cloud-only, working with the latest in technology offers from Microsoft Azure.
As a part of our team, you will gain valuable knowledge about the zero-emission technology of tomorrow while helping reduce marine emissions today. Do you want to help us power a clean future?
We will call for interviews on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We do appreciate every application received, however, only candidates with a relevant background will be called for an interview.